Do you have a startup that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this interactive, online fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step-by-step advice. It will feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses and investors funding companies. Learn expert tips, the pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more.
This is an online event. Link provided after you register.
When: Oct 13th (Thursday) from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Register here: www.fi.co/e/298484
Meet the Speakers:
Dave Aumuller, Managing Partner, Parachini Benicia Properties: Beyond Dave’s military career, he is a results-driven senior-level leader with a long history of managing complex, high-risk projects from envisioning to value realization to successful completion, on time and within budget. A dynamic leader with a proven track record of building and guiding diverse teams toward actionable goals.
Arlene Martin, SBA Business Development Officer (www.Huntington.com): As the #1 SBA lender in the region† for the last 12 years, Huntington Bank has a great track record of helping people like you get the capital they need to open, acquire or expand a small business.
Bill Furlong – CEO & Founder (www.SquareStack.com): Bill is the Founder & CEO of SquareStack. Bill is also a Serial Entrepreneur and most recently the SVP of Business Development, and part of the founding team of Bizo, a Business Audience Data Management Platform firm, which was acquired by LinkedIn in 2014. Currently, Bill serves in a variety of advisor, investor, and consultant positions in a handful of startups; while he works on his new launch for the SMB marketplace, SquareStack. He was also the Founder and CEO of B2BWorks, the first B2B online ad network, that was acquired in 2004. Prior to B2BWorks, he was Managing Director of BtoB, and held various management roles for the Advertising Age Group, at Crain Communications
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early-stage businesses and products
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a “fundable” company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more…